Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thank You gift bag


I created this lovely gift bag using an ordinary paper lunch bag as the base.  I tucked some box board inside the back of the bag and used a ruler and utility knife to cut of the top of the bag except for the back. I refolded the bag downward so that the crease is now at the bottom of the bag.  I then cut two pieces of yellow card stock to cover the front and back of the bag.  I also cut two pieces of yellow card stock for the flap on the back of the bag.  I cut the piece that will be on the front of the bag when it's closed longer to accommodate the Martha Stewart floral vines border punch. I attached the 4 pieces to the paper bag.  Then I took some Karen Neuburger Celebrate glitter posies paper and cut two pieces slightly smaller than the yellow card stock on the front and back.  Before adding the paper to the back of the bag I punched two holes and threaded some white 1/8" satin ribbon through it so I could tie a tag on there later on.  I also took the coordinating stitched glitter stripe paper and cut some 
pieces slightly smaller than the yellow card stock on the front and back of the flap.  I cut two bracket shapes; the white card stock slightly larger than the pink.  I then printed the quote on the pink tag using this technique and mounted it on the white.  Using a Gelly Roll stardust glitter pen I freehand drew another bracket on the white tag.  I added two KaiserCraft green jewels to the top and bottom of the bracket tag.  I placed it on the front of the bag so that the flap just overlaps the tag.  I cut a second set of bracket tags for the back except that I left it blank for the giver to write a message for the recipient and punched two holes instead of the jewel at the top of the bracket.  I secured it to the back of the bag by threading the ribbon through the tag and tying it in a bow.  I finished the card by tying another big loopy bow out of the 1/8" white satin ribbon and adhered it to the front of the flap, and adhered a yellow Crafts mulberry rose on top of the bow.  I then created two flowers from 3 layers of Dollarama die cut flowers and KaiserCraft pearls using this technique and added it to either side of the rose.  I cut


some leaves from light green card stock using the Martha Stewart twig punch and tucked it under the flowers.  I then finished card by adding a sentiment printed on pink card stock under the bottom flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien