I have been sketching again (and I still have old sketches I haven't published...I normally have projects to post but no time to post them.. but if I ever find myself on the other side of the fence I will post those as well). I have even managed to create a layout for the sketch because I was really inspired by it.
I just had to create a layout from this sketch. I switched it up and created an 8 1/2x11" layout, switching out the three landscape pictures for one portrait picture. I took plain white card stock and embossed a diamond pattern on it using the Martha Stewart Score Board. I then took another sheet of white card stock and and cut it 1 1/2" smaller, inked it with cranberry Adirondack ink. I also took a piece of black card stock and cut it yet another 1/2" smaller. I centered the three pieces over each other and adhered them.I then cut my sepia toned picture down to 4x7" and sanded the edges and adhered it to the top right hand side of the black card stock. To the left of the picture I arranged various mulberry roses with the wire stems spiraled and Heather Flower Soft stems. I tucked some leaves punched with a Martha Stewart twig punch around the arrangement. I then took the two flowers remaining from the Zva Double Butterfly & Flowers and nestled them among the mulberry flowers. I then took Zva Crystal Dots and placed them in a line 1 cm apart (0.39") above and below the floral arrangement. I cut the title from white card stock using the font Berylium, which was inked with VersaMark and Blush Perfect Pearls, and adhered it under the photo. I then added the remaining title with Sakura white Souffle pen. I also cut a tag from white card stock , printed the journaling on it and edged it with Blush Perfect Pearls, and tucked it on the edge of the red card stock beside the floral arrangement. Lastly I took two white satin butterflies, coloured the smaller one with Blush Perfect Pearls and adhered it to the top right hand side of the photo.