Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dearest Deer

I once again used the Stampavie Dearest Deer stamp.  I wasn't so sure about this colour combination.  I just didn't think it would 'pop' without the red bow and collar on the deer.  In the end I like this one even better than the last card using this stamp.  I coloured it using Lyra pencils and water colour crayons.  I added some Adirondack Cranberry Acrylics to the berries , Matte Accents to the leaves, and glitter along the snow. I used papers from the Pebbles Inc. Snow Fun 4x6 pad.  I matted the image on blue paper and stitched the two together with white thread.  I created an easel card base from white card stock.  I inked  a mat with Olive CTMH ink and added two patterned papers and stitched it to the mat.  I added a strip of Around the Block Frame Tape inked with blue Adirondack ink.  I then added the stamped image to the centre using foam adhesive.  I tied a bow from green satin ribbon using the bow easy.  I layered it with a pointsettia blossom and snowflake embellishment that I tied with kitchen string, and adhered it to the top left hand corner of the stamped image.  I added green KaiserCraft jewels below the stamped image.
I then added a layer of white card stock to the inside of the card to hold up the easel.  I layered it with a green inked mat and the snowflake patterned paper that were stitched together with white thread.  I then took another piece of white cardstock the width of the card and stamped the Inkadinkado Merry Christmas stamp from the Christmas Silhouettes set in lettuce Adirondack ink onto it, matted it with blue patterned paper, and stitched it together.  I layered it over the snowflake paper and added more green KaiserCraft jewels to the corners of the stamped sentiment.

2 comments:

  1. Just love this card, what an adorable image and the card is perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray that we are team buddies! Your cards are soooo cute! We should all have such fun together...be seeing your name a lot of our term!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien