Tuesday, November 9, 2010

10 minute baby cards

I knew I was cutting it close in creating these baby cards, but that's sometimes the way life goes. I ended up not coming home from shopping for the shower gifts until an hour before the shower was to start. I still had to make the gifts presentable, eat my supper (DH is a darling and had lasagna ready), get changed and clean myself up as well as create these two cards. I had taken some images along when we were camping this summer and had a chance to do some colouring while it was raining (they are both by Anne Bodil). I quickly grabbed some coordinating card stock. I started by creating the bases for the cards and lining them with purple and yellow card stock. I then added a pink and blue mat that I ran through the Cuttlebug with the Sizzix Damask and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folders respectively.  I then took strip of the same purple and yellow card stock and edged them with the Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace and Fiskars lace border punches respectively.   I cut the pink image in an oval and the blue image in a rounded rectangle and matted each with brown card stock and adhered them to the front of the cards.  Not my best or most inspiring creations but yes, I made it to the shower on time (but just).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien