Friday, November 26, 2010

Pocket Mouse

I used the Pocket Mouse digital stamp for this card.  I printed him twice on patterned paper, and once on plain card stock  (I removed the stitching so I could add machine stitching).  I used paper from My Mind's Eye Dear Santa 8" pad.  I cut the pocket from the patterned paper.  Using dark green thread I stitched twice along the top of the pocket.  I then adhered it to the second copy of the image printed on patterned paper, and stitched along the three sides of the pocket.  I pulled up the paper along the stitching to give the pocket a little extra texture.  I then added Adirondack Espresso Acrylics to his tail and paws for dimension.  I cut his head from the white card stock and coloured him using the Lyra pencils.  I then punched a number of branches using the Martha Stewart twig punch, which I glittered with a stardust Gelly Roll pen  I tucked them into the pocket and under the mouse's head.  I then added red Kaisercraft Pearls for some berries among the branches, and perked his ears up a little.  I rounded the edges of the patterned paper, which I matted with red and green inked card stock with rounded corners.  I used Adirondack lettuce and Cranberry/red pepper inks to colour the card stock.  I stitched the red card stock to the green using white thread.  I then inked the card base and using the same patterned paper I cut a slightly smaller piece and used the Martha Stewart doily edge punch along the bottom, and adhered it to the base.  I then took a piece of light blue satin ribbon and tied it in a double loop bow using the bow easy.  I coloured the string using the green ink and knotted it through the front of the stamped image and through the back of the knot of the bow.  I added foam adhesive to the back of the image and adhered it at an angle to the base of the card.  I then took the bow and adhered it at the top centre of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien