Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween Gift Bag

For a second Halloween project I took an ordinary lunch bag and dressed it up for a Halloween gift bag. I found the great GSD file for the spiders web by Caroline, as well as an image for a spider which I converted to a cutting file.  I cut them all from black card stock. I matted the spiders web for the front with orange and black card stock cutting a hole behind the spiders web.  I recycled the packaging from a set of Zva Flourishes to line the opening behind the spiders web. I cut the top off the lunch bag along the front and sides at the same height as the matted spiders web, leaving the back as a flap.
I also cut a hole in the front of the lunch bag and adhered the matted spiders web to the front of the bag. I repeated the same layers for the back of the bag except that I did not create a window with the spiders web. I then took the orange card stock and printed Mary Shelley quote onto it as well as the words 'Happy Halloweeen' using the font 'Cratch'. I also matted these in orange and black and adhered the quote to the top of the flap and the sentiment to the inside. I then took the spiders I had taken and used Versamark and Forever Violet Perfect Pearls to give them a purple hue. To exagerate their creepiness and play up the quote I took orange Zva Basic Lines and added two crystals to each of the spiders as eye popping glowing eyes. I used foam glue dots to adhere them to the front and flap of the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien