Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rose Garden Gate card


 This card is quite involved.  Monica has a great number of fabulous cutting files available (I absolutely recommend checking them out) and I used a gate fold card removed the 'gates' and added actual gates.  I re-sized and fidgeted with the files until they suited my needs.  On the inside of the card I printed a picture of my rose garden in full bloom for the garden view beyond the gate.  I reinforced the gate with strips of white card stock along the horizontal boards, which also give it a bit of dimension.  I also created the hinges and pulls for the gate, cut them out of dark brown card stock and rubbed them with metallic chalk, and adhered them in place.  Next I took some green card stock and used Martha Stewart punches to cut rose leaves and twigs and trellised them up the left side of the card.  I planted some ribbon rose buds among them after spiraling the wire stems around a crochet hook.  I planted the smaller of the two butterflies in the Zva Double Butterfly & Flowers among the roses. The second one I placed on the right gate with the trail leading from the roses as if he has just fluttered away.  I cut two labels, from vellum and white card stock and printed the sentiment in red ink, using the font Marnie Regular onto the vellum and embossed it using the smaller card stock label.  I ended up adhering it behind the vellum for legibility.  I added Zva Crystal Dots to the corners and adhered it to the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien