Saturday, November 27, 2010

Deer in Woods

I created this card using the digital stamps.  Digi stamps are really amazing for their versatility.  I recoloured the tree dark green and duplicated the image 7 times and flipped warped, stretched and resized each one to create a landscape.  I then added a fawn to the left and a fawn laying down to the right and recoloured them a dark brown.  I added a sentiment  below the trees in the middle of the landscape.   I duplicated the fawn layer, the two tree layers on the left and the three tree layers on the right, and mirrored each layer, and moved them to another location in the document.  I printed it out onto white card stock.  I cut out the landscape and folded it into thirds.  I then cut out along the tops of the trees and deer of the the right and left panels.  I also cut out the extra trees and deer.  I then coloured the images using Lyra pencils.  I went back over the trees and using white paint I added snow to the branches and added some glitter for extra sparkle.  I also added some pint and glitter to create some snow drifts on the ground.    I glued the extra trees and deer to the other side of the panels.
I then took a piece of green card stock and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Holly Ribbons folder.  I then cut out a mat after I manipulated the Lattice 9 file from Monica Bjork.  I then layered strips of blue, white and green card stock.  I took the green strip through the Cuttlebug using the snowflake folder. I then stitched the layers together stitching between the white and green card stock.  I adhered this towards the bottom half of the base.  I added a blue card stock mat and again stitched that to the base using light green thread.   I then adhered the stamped card to the blue mat.  I tied a bow from blue satin ribbon using the bow easy and adhered it above the blue mat.  I added two white flowers below and one above the bow.  I then punched a number of branches using the Martha Stewart twig punch and adhered them under a bow.  Lastly I added a bit of glitter embossing powder to the edge of the card.  The dimension of the layers of trees on the card is so pretty.  I love the look of this card.

6 comments:

  1. WOWWWW! I am so impressed with this, my favorite card in I don't know how long, will be seeing if I can find a way to case this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is right! What a fabulous card! That is just beyond great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is awesome!!!! You will do amazing things with Tiffany Doodles. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card - Love it ... Can imagine all the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien