Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Halloween Mask

I had great fun with this project that I created just before Halloween.  It turned into such a glamorous mask.  I started with a plain, cheap mask and removed the really bold gold ric rac trim from around the mask and the eyes. I edged the mask with black satin seam binding to give it elegance.  After covering the old adhesive and the edge of the velour with dimensional paint I added Zva Crystals dots around the eyes.  I then added two large Zva Symmetrical Flourishes that I cut from their backing, starting at the left corner of the eye.   For a pop of colour and glamour I added three red rose blossoms just above the bottom of the flourishes.  In order to punch up the glam factor just a little bit more I curled a large length of black satin ribbon, as well as small red pearl garland and adhered it under the blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien