Sunday, November 14, 2010

Simple Elegance


This card uses simple elegance to showcase the sheer beauty of the symmetrical pearl flourish design.  I created a cutting file that exactly matches the contours of the pearl flourishes and sized it for the card front.  I then offset that shape by 1/4" and placed two side by side to create the cutting file for the card base.  I cut the card base out of light blue card stock and the card front from dark brown card stock.  I adhered the two together and added the flourishes.  Next I cut a strip of the same blue card stock and scored a diamond pattern using the Martha Stewart Score Board.  I then stitched a straight stitch along the top and bottom using white thread, and adhered it between the flourishes. Finally, I cut 3 tags, a brown scalloped oval, and a white and blue oval.  I embossed an edge around the white and blue ovals.  I also stamped the Inque Boutique Birthday stamp on the blue oval using brown Adirondack ink.  I inked the white oval with Frost VersaMark Dazzle, and adhered them together and adhered it to the center of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien