Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reindeer card

This was another great rendition of card tag... we must be getting close to Christmas because even though we didn't start with a Christmas card, as we went along each of us created a Christmas card.  I was asked to lift this card by Merrilee.  I changed the sizes of things up a little bit but I kept the number of matts the same.  I also rotated it and used the brad for my sentiment, instead of the three tree brads and sentiment she had.  I also added ribbon which she did not use on her card.  I started by creating a card base and then inked the edges with Adirondack Cranberry ink (I love the velvety illusion this gives), I added a layer of Kaisercraft Winter Wonderland Let it Snow paper, and stitched the edges of it. Before adhering it I added a length of red ribbon and a bow to the right hand side of the card I then added the bluey grey paper that I edged with stardust glitter glue and glitter (yes I glittered the glitter) and tucked it under the bow.  I then stamped the Stampavie Dearest Deer stamp, coloured it with Rembrandt Polycolor pencils and Sansodor.  I added a little bit of glitter to the snow using a Sakura glue pen. I matted that with a mat I inked with the cranberry ink as well and stitched around the stamped image.  Using foam adhesive I mounted this on the center of the card under the ribbon.  Lastly  I added the Holiday Wishes brad on top of the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all the comments I receive. I blog to share my creations for your enjoyment.
Thanks so much, and please come back again.

Willemien